COVID-19 Protection Framework Red Setting. Learn more here.
(Please see below for specific credit information, eligibility and reporting policies)
By using this website, you accept the terms of this policy and expressly consent to the practices described in this policy.
In this policy, personal information means information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
We may collect and process personal information about you. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold includes your:
- contact information (such as your address, email address and phone number);
- date of birth;
- employment details;
- credit history (refer following Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information Policy and Credit Reporting Policy); and
- any other information you choose to provide to us.
3. How we collect and hold your personal information
Where possible we will collect your personal information directly from you, for example if you enquire about our products and services or you enter into a contract with us. Sometimes we may collect your personal information from third parties. Those third parties include finance and insurance companies (in relation to your request for products or services) and service providers or individuals (where we conduct a credit, employment or reference check).
We may collect personal information if you voluntarily provide us with information by any means, including:
- if you fill in forms on or access our website;
- if you contact us or make an enquiry;
- if you buy a vehicle from, or book a service through, one of our dealerships;
- if you are a customer or client of one of our businesses;
- if we have a business relationship with you;
- if you apply for a position with the company or we are considering you as a contractor; and
- if it is necessary to comply with any law or regulation governing the conduct of our business.
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information whilst under our control. These measures may include:
- controlling access to our premises and systems;
- requiring our employees to comply with this policy; and
- requiring third party service providers to keep the information we provide to them confidential.
Your personal information is de-identified, deleted or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
4. Why we collect and hold your personal information
We will only collect and hold your personal information where it is reasonably necessary to enable us to carry on our business and provide products and services to you. If you do not provide this information it may not be possible for us to conduct business with you or supply you with the products or services you require.
5. Why we use and disclose your personal information
We do not give out any of your personal information to third parties except as required or authorised by law and as set out below. We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that disclosure is appropriate in order to:
- comply with the law;
- enforce our rights pursuant to any agreement we may have with you; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of the AHG Group, our customers or other third parties.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is provided, including:
- to provide you with products or services you have requested;
- to send you marketing and promotional information where you have consented to receive the same. In which case we will also include an opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future;
- to ensure the content of our site is presented in an effective manner;
- to carry out obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- for complaints handling;
- for data analytics and market research purposes;
- to consider your application for a position; and
- to comply with a law or regulation.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for any of the above purposes where you have consented or where you would reasonably expect us to disclose that information including, for example:
- to administer a warranty or any other service;
- to notify you about changes to our services; or
- in the ordinary operation and administration of our business.
We may share your personal information with and between our subsidiaries both in Australia and New Zealand. We may disclose your personal information:
- to manufacturers, agencies and our contractors or third party service providers in Australia and New Zealand in connection with the purposes set out above;
- to manufacturers and third party service providers overseas, again in connection with the purposes set out above; or
- if we are allowed or required to by the Australian or New Zealand Privacy Principles, a court or by regulation or law.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection.
AHG websites and digital platforms use information from your web browser (known as cookies) and information about your use of our website (known as click stream data) to help analyse how users interact with the sites and improve navigation experience. The cookie and click stream data we collect may include, for example:
- your IP address;
- your operating system and browser type;
- the date and time that you visit our website; and
- the amount of time you spend on our website.
AHG websites also use data analytic and advertising services that utilise cookies to collect information on an individual’s interests and demographics for reporting purposes, which includes anonymous information about your:
- gender; and
7. How you can access your personal information and correct it
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request that your personal information be corrected, completed, made accurate or removed from our records (subject to any exemptions which may be applicable under the relevant privacy laws). If we refuse or limit your request we will explain why. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
8. Privacy complaints and enquiries
If you have a complaint or enquiry about the treatment of your personal information please contact us. It would assist us if you could indicate that you are making a “Privacy Complaint” or a "Privacy Enquiry". We will investigate your complaint and respond within 30 days setting out the steps we will take to resolve your concerns.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may ask the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of New Zealand (OPC) to investigate your complaint. Further information on the OAIC complaint process is available at www.oaic.gov.au. Further information on the OPC complaint process is available at www.privacy.org.nz.
9. Contact details
For privacy complaints and enquiries and to access your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing at:
- P.O. Box 199 Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
This policy was last updated in Dec 2018. If we change this policy, we will post the updated policy on this site.
Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information Policy
Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information Policy
Credit Reporting Policy
This policy applies to all personal information collected by Automotive Holdings Group Limited (AHG) ABN 35 111 470 038 and its subsidiaries. AHG is committed to complying with the Australian and New Zealand Privacy Principles which govern the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information by businesses and allow individuals to access that information and have it corrected if it is incorrect. This policy explains how we meet this commitment.
2. Credit Reporting
As part of our credit assessment process and ongoing account management in Australia, AHG may disclose Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information to Equifax. Equifax may be contacted at PO Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2059. Or via their website: www.equifax.com.au/contact-us
As part of our credit assessment process and ongoing account management in New Zealand, AHG may disclose Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information to Equifax. Equifax may be contacted at Private Bag 92156, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland NZ 1142. Or via their website: www.equifax.co.nz/contact
3. The kinds of personal information we may disclose
The kinds of personal information we may disclose may include your name, address, date of birth, employment details, motor vehicle drivers license number, the amount of credit requested, payment history, and details of any default.
4. How you can access your personal credit eligibility information and correct it
You may request access to the personal credit eligibility information we hold about you. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If you believe the information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate you can contact us and ask us to correct it. If we refuse to give you access or correct it or restrict or limit your request we will explain why.
5. Privacy complaints
If you have a complaint about the treatment of your personal information please contact us in writing. It would assist us if you could indicate that you are making a “Privacy Complaint”. We will investigate your complaint and respond within 30 days setting out the steps we will take to resolve your concerns. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may ask the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner NZ (OPC) to investigate your complaint. Further information on the OAIC complaint process is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
Further information on the OPC complaint process is available at www.privacy.org.nz.
6. How to contact us for issues concerning privacy
7. Overseas disclosure of credit information
We will not disclose your personal credit information or credit eligibility information to any party outside of Australia or New Zealand. We may disclose personal information with and between our subsidiaries in Australia and New Zealand for the purpose of assessing you for credit or managing your account
This policy was last updated in December 2018. If we change this policy, we will post the updated policy on this site.